[Digikam-devel] raw embedded preview problem...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 10:36:42 GMT 2010

Marcel,

I think something is broken somewhere with RAW handling.

Today, i take a huge collection of RAW pictures, with my camera set in
B&W color space. In this mode, JPEG preview are converted
automatically in B&W, RAW image data still in color of course.

This is the RAW image :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/temp/PICT3087.MRW

And now, the jpeg preview extracted with "dcraw -e" command line :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/temp/PICT3087.thumb.jpg

And now look what i can see in albumgui preview mode (F3) is i don't
set load full image option :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/temp/rawpreview.png

Question : why Raw preview is in color, not in black and white ? Sound
like the half size Raw image is decoded in background.

Of course, i use libkdcraw from trunk...

Best