[Digikam-devel] Overlay buttons in preview mode and text label

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Mon Feb 1 17:48:20 GMT 2010

> I removed simple left mouse button to back to album view to let's user
> pan the image in this way. Initially, middle mouse button work in this
> way, but with laptop this button is generally not available.
>
> Also, we need to be consistent with other application which use left
> mouse button to pan image.

I dont want to pan the image at all, it's not zoomed. That means single click
does nothing. And I dont want to double click, I never do this.

Imagine the unexperienced user:
Accidentally click somewhere - image get big. Nice.
Click again - nothing happens. Desparation, call for help.

So there are two major inconsistencies now:
1) Single click opens an image, but there is no easy way to go back
2) Digikam behavior as it was for years has changed.

I would support Johannes: Pan when dragging, close when clicking (*).

(*) and KDE is set to single click

Marcel