[Digikam-devel] release plan for 1.2.0

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 07:47:53 GMT 2010

2010/1/31 Marcel Wiesweg <marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de>:

>> > I would propose to merge the model/view branch as soon as possible -
>> > tomorrow, next days. (maybe I misunderstood the message a few days ago).
>> > Any problems can be reported as bugs. It's normal to create bugs when
>> > developing after all ;-)
>>
>> I just try to integrate the changes back to trunk. Is this ok?
>
> Of course!

I recommend to merge both into 2 step :

1/ First model-view (done). Post an announce to users for testing
regression and wait a little bit, for ex one or two weeks.
2/ Second Mysql port, Post another announce to users to be ready for
1.2 release.

In both case, create a little page to digiKam.org to explain what's
news in source code and which parts need to be tested by users for
regression checks.

Note : Johannes, Julien, please ask to publish your digiKam.org blog
entry to dot.kde.org to increase audience using RSS flux. Blogs
contents will be dispatched around the world via others news web
sites.