[Digikam-devel] Re: preliminary git repository for testing

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Thu Dec 16 14:59:27 GMT 2010

> > Well, the main branch works, but there are problems on the branch.
> > The log for some file stops on Dec 11th, when they were moved.
> > git blame seems to work though.
> > Any help is appreciated.

The real repository is mwiesweg/digikam (to be the remote repository),
digikam-work is a working copy (with git clone) I have used to play around.

I think all will work, git fsck did not report any serious problems.
It's just I dont know why the logs of files in the gsoc branch stop at points
where they are moved:

(this is done from branch 2.0 in digikam-work)
git log core/digikam/digikamapp.cpp
gives one commit, Dec 11th. The file move.

git blame core/digikam/digikamapp.cpp
shows lines dating back to 2004.

More serious:
git blame extra/kipi-plugins/jpeglossless/jpegtransform.cpp
Stops on June 30th, as does the log. All history is lost.

I can see in the output from svn-all-fast-export (mwiesweg/svn2git-output),
that the relevant commit 1144580 is recognized as a merge point.

I will start another attempt...