[Digikam-devel] preliminary git repository for testing

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Thu Dec 16 13:17:11 GMT 2010

Hi,

I have pushed a ruleset for git migration, which is apparently working, to
kde-ruleset, and file the sysadmin request.

A preliminary repository, generated yesterday, is available for testing on
huey.kde.org:
ssh git at huey.kde.org
cd mwiesweg/digikam
(See http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/DeveloperAccessForRuleWriting for info)

You can also download it with scp, but it's 490 MB, so I did not do that yet.

The repository seems to be all right, log ranges from Dec 15th 2010 to Apr
23rd 2004, with the birth of kipi-plugins. But I did not yet check it with
gitk or any other tool which may be suitable.

We should also decide if we want kipi-plugins' history in master or a
dedicated branch.

I suggest the following procedure:
1) We wait until the repository is setup by the sysadmins.
2) Someone (Gilles) fixes a date, perhaps next week, after 1.7.0 release and
merging changes from trunk to branch is done.
3) At this day our SVN repository is closed for commits.
4) I will run again svn2git, scp the repository to my machine,
 and push it to our shiny new git repository.
5) We are all happy to use git!

Marcel