[Digikam-devel] Re: digiKam/kipi-plugins 2.0.0 beta1 release....

Michael G. Hansen mike at mghansen.de
Thu Dec 2 20:13:40 GMT 2010

On 12/02/2010 01:47 PM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> For libkmap, KDE developers said that kdegraphics must be undependant
> of kde-edu components, which host marble code. The solution is to
> integrate libkmap in KDELibs, or better, at the same place than
> marble. For this point i don't know which will be the better. I lets
> Michael to take the choice.

For the beta releases, we could simply ship libkmap as a local copy
inside digikam and kipi-plugins - this would also mean one building step
less for the beta-testers.

About where to put libkmap inside KDE, I don't know. I guess that since
it is mainly written to serve our GUI needs in digikam and kipi-plugins,
we might want to modify it closely to digikam's release schedule and not
really in sync with KDE's. Then we are in the same situation as with
libkexiv2, where we have to release new versions outside of KDE schedule
- which means we have to do releases ourselves anyways.

Michael