[Digikam-devel] Re: memory leak in trunk...

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Thu Dec 2 09:40:43 GMT 2010

> A different question:
>
> What on earth are we allocating on startup?
> A fresh digiKam start shows 240MB RAM that are owned by digiKam.
> This is insane :-)
> There isn't even thumbnails in the iconview, I just display the welcome
> screen.

Massif can tell us more about this:

http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plasmadesktopjn1911.png
http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plasmadesktopdw1911.png

- there are about eight single entries resulting from marble, summing to 60
MB. This is quite a lot obviously. It may be related to the fact that we use
multiple marble instances (this is GSoc branch), I dont know if Marble is
ready to share internal memory between instances
- there are 2*30 MB due to the ICC profiles on my system. I may have installed
a lot of them. And it's a bug that they are kept loaded, I meant to drop this
memory but somehow it does not work
- roughly 10 MB in khtml / kjs. This may be the welcome screen, or
libkmap/Google Maps backend
- 3 MB for the KCompletion in tree view search lines. Potential for sharing.
- 4 MB from libxine. The future is VLC Phonon backend anyway.
- 41 MB below the threshold