[Digikam-devel] updating

Joachim Bergerhoff agimjo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 18:26:33 BST 2010

Dear Digikam,

my favorite programme suddenly gives me this strange message:

The schema updating process from version 4 to 5 failed, caused by an error
that we did not expect. You can try to discard your old database and start
with an empty one. (In this case, please move the database files
"digikam3.db" and "digikam4.db" from the directory
"/media/shelves/Images/Photos".) More probably you will want to report this
error to the digikam-devel at kde.org mailing list. As well, please have a look
at what digiKam prints on the console.

I tried to remove the db, but it still gives me this message.  The console
prints:

QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'digikamDatabase-36459760'
is still in use, all queries will cease to work.

Thanks for helping me out,

Joachim