[Digikam-devel] opaque message from the console...

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Mon Aug 23 19:59:21 BST 2010

> digikam(20121)/digikam (core): Failed to initialize thumbnail database
> at "/mnt/data/Database/thumbnails-digikam.db"
>  Error message: "The database has been used with a more recent version
> of digiKam and has been updated to a database schema which cannot be
> used with this version. (This means this digiKam version is too old,
> or the database format is to recent) Please use the more recent
> version of digikam that you used before. "
>
> This message is displayed on the console when you run 1.4.0 release
> after 2.0.0. It's clear for me, but 1.4.0 become very slow to render
> thumbs.

This was a small bug. In fact, it should be all right to share the thumbs db
(and the main database as well).
For new schema updates it is fixed by commit 1163986;
for databases already converted, this is the fix:

DELETE FROM Settings WHERE keyword='DBVersionRequired';
INSERT INTO Settings (keyword, value) VALUES ('DBThumbnailsVersionRequired', 1);

> What do you think about to post this message in a message-box instead
> the console ?

Ok