[Digikam-devel] UndoCache disk space issues

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 10:22:18 BST 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 07:30, Andi Clemens <andi.clemens at gmx.net> wrote:

> This is the issue: You don't know if another instance of digiKam is
> running.
> In the past I also just wanted to remove the undo-cache, but other running
> instances were effected.

The cache file is in format "undocache-PID-n.bin" where the n is INT and
probably means number of the cache file for the given PID. So if we know PID
which created the cache, we should be able to just find out, if there is
such process running, no? And if no, then delete it.

On Sunday 15 August 2010 23:56:54 Michael G. Hansen wrote:

> > Would it be possible to instead re-load the undo cache and continue
> > editing the picture?

Hmm...the cache itself is quite useless, it's only the image data for fast
image switching with undo/redo, but it doesn't contain the actual info about
the undo/redo operations, opened file etc. So the file is useless for new
running instance.

Martin Klapetek