[Digikam-devel] UndoCache disk space issues

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 18:33:07 BST 2010

Hi,

I've got some ideas about UndoCache. When digiKam crashes in image editor
(maybe even in other cases), the cache for undo stays on the disk and it's
never deleted. I've got almost 1 GB of wasted space by UndoCache. I propose
for digiKam to check the cache dir when starting and delete all the unneeded
files there.

Next thing is, that when you don't have enough free space, UndoCache
silently stops working, because it can't cache the data, but the user has no
idea and clicking 'Undo' makes the current image disappear (and making
DImgInterface::d->image NULL). Then hitting 'Redo' has of course the same
effect, cause nothing is cached so there's nothing to display. Therefore I
think, that some sort of free space checking should be implemented in
UndoCache and the user should be warned by KDialog about not being able to
use Undo/Redo features because of lack of free space. And maybe even disable
the Undo/Redo in this case.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Martin