[Digikam-devel] sidebar width

Johannes Wienke languitar at semipol.de
Sun Apr 11 20:01:23 BST 2010

Am 11.04.2010 20:49 schrieb Marcel Wiesweg:

>> Ok, I think I found the problem or misunderstanding:
>> The width that was chosen when an editor tool is active, is not used for
>> restoring the sidebar width. Instead it's the width of a tab that exists
>> without an editor tool. Eg:
>> 1. open a non-raw file in the editor
>> 2. open the image properties tab and make the sidebar as fill half the
>> screen
>> 3. close the properties tab
>> 4. open an editor tool (it opens with the size chosen in step 2 - what I
>> expect)
>> 5. in the tool mode make the sidebar smaller again
>> 6. close the tool
>> 7. try opening the properties tab again
>>
>> First of all you have to click the tab icon two times (most likely not
>> desired). Second, the sidebar is restored with the size specified in
>> step 2, not the last one. This also happens if you replace step 7 with
>> opening another editor tool.
>>
>> Is this the desired behaviour? I was really surprised by this and it
>> took weeks for me to understand the system. ;)
>
> Yes. Typically you will have set your sidebar to a convenient size for work.
> Image plugins tend to need more vertical space than standard sidebars. So when
> a plugin's sidebar is added, the current setting is stored, when the tab is
> removed, it is restored.

But I have no chance to set a typical size for editor tools now. They
always open with the (small) size for the normal sidebar and every time
I use them I first have to resize them. Otherwise I see eg. a vertical
scroll bar in the raw import.

What about adding a restored size setting for all tools or even on a
tool basis as each tool needs another size?

Johannes