[Digikam-devel] sidebar width

Johannes Wienke languitar at semipol.de
Sun Apr 11 19:16:51 BST 2010

Am 06.02.2010 17:33 schrieb Gilles Caulier:

>>> No problem visible here, after some attempts.
>>
>> Hm, ok, strange. I think this is since I switched the application
>> language from German to English. Maybe some translated value...
>
> Same side effect in when i switch from English to French

Ok, I think I found the problem or misunderstanding:
The width that was chosen when an editor tool is active, is not used for
restoring the sidebar width. Instead it's the width of a tab that exists
without an editor tool. Eg:
1. open a non-raw file in the editor
2. open the image properties tab and make the sidebar as fill half the
screen
3. close the properties tab
4. open an editor tool (it opens with the size chosen in step 2 - what I
expect)
5. in the tool mode make the sidebar smaller again
6. close the tool
7. try opening the properties tab again

First of all you have to click the tab icon two times (most likely not
desired). Second, the sidebar is restored with the size specified in
step 2, not the last one. This also happens if you replace step 7 with
opening another editor tool.

Is this the desired behaviour? I was really surprised by this and it
took weeks for me to understand the system. ;)

Johannes