[Digikam-devel] specifying database config file path for unit test

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Apr 6 19:01:05 BST 2010

> Hi Marcel,
>
> I just noticed that we need a way to specify the configuration file to
> use for the database and not always use KStandardDirs. The unit tests
> right now also take the config from there which will probably cause
> problems if the config is changed and digikam isn't installed before
> running the unit tests. I noticed this, because I tried to run the tests
> for the first time on my laptop before installing a digikam version
> after the database merge.
>
> Do you see a good solution how to do this for the global
> DatabaseConfigElementLoader?

You mean dbconfig.xml?
This file should not contain any dynamic settings. It mostly contains SQL,
which is no longer in the .cpp file because it differs for the different db
engines. And additionally some other hardcoded settings per-engine.

Do we store settings to this file?
It's installed to /usr/share so users won't have permission to change anyway,
or so I thought.

Marcel