[Digikam-devel] Renaming in BQM should be a tool

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Sun Sep 6 22:42:31 BST 2009

Another problem I have not thought about:

Renaming actually is a move operation, and we need to stay in the source
directory.
Example:

file A: 2006/bla/blub01.jpg
file B: 2009/bla/blubbb01.jpg
file C: 2008/blaaaa/blub01.jpg

Rename string: [dir.]_[dir]_$

expected result:

file A: 2006/bla/2006_bla_blub01.jpg
file B: 2009/bla/2009_bla_blubbb01.jpg
file C: 2008/blaaa/2008_blaaa_blub01.jpg

But currently the files will be copied to the target folder (eg. 'newfiles'):

file A: newfiles/2006_bla_blub01.jpg
file B: newfiles/2009_bla_blubbb01.jpg
file C: newfiles/2008_blaaa_blub01.jpg

How do we solve this?
One way to do this is to simply count the assigned tools. If 'Rename' is the
only tool, ignore the target folder, otherwise copy to the destination file.

Any other suggestions?

Andi