[Digikam-devel] CameraUI: Remove CustomRename tab?

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Sat Sep 5 18:36:31 BST 2009

Hi,

now that the ManualRename widget uses the quick access buttons and has the
ability to select tokens in the parse string, it is quite easy to use (I
guess), even for an absolute newbie to digiKam.

It has already more features like the normal "custom rename" option and will
get even more features in the future, since it is quite easy to extend with
new parsers (again, I guess :-))

The name can be customized to the users liking (custom rename only has fixed
positions for keywords) and offer much more possibilities. Tokens can be used
multiple times, for example
and therefore beat the functionality of the normal custom rename options.

All in all my suggestion is the following:
Remove the custom rename tab!

Because at the moment we offer two widgets doing exactly the same, the only
difference is that the new widget is more powerful :D

So what do you think?

Andi