[Digikam-devel] Random crashes

Andreas Huggel ahuggel at gmx.net
Thu Oct 29 20:45:34 GMT 2009

>> registerXmpNameSpace(QString("http://ns.adobe.com/lightroom/1.0/"),
>> QString("lr"));
>>
>> is this call necessary each time we use a new DMetadata object??
>> I would expect to call this once at application startup?
>>
>> I would suspect a thread-safety issue with registering namespaces.

Once at application startup is enough. That call needs to be
serialized: http://dev.exiv2.org/wiki/exiv2/Thread_safety

On the other hand wouldn't such a basic issue have been reported a
long time ago?

Andi,
can you double-check if you have multiple versions of Exiv2 on your
computer? The weirdest problems have been caused in cases where
different versions were used by digiKam and libkexiv2.

Andreas