[Digikam-devel] Magic number hunt

Johannes Wienke languitar at semipol.de
Mon Oct 26 20:27:01 GMT 2009

Hi,

Am 26.10.2009 21:13 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> 2009/10/26 Johannes Wienke <languitar at semipol.de>:
>> Am 26.10.2009 20:40 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
>>> set all constants in global.h and include it to dimg.h. This one is
>>> used everywhere.
>> Ok.
>>
>>> note : in kipi-plugins, i can find a lots of kdebug() without debug space.
>> Yes, I provided a default area code in the cmake file. If you need a special
>> area code you can still specify it.
>>

> No, you don't understand me. A lots of kDebug() call need to be
> registered in debug namespace, typicaly kipi-plugins running space. No
> more.
>
> Look in new shwup plugin for ex...

I don't get what you mean.

I replaced every kDebug(51000) with kDebug() but provided a the default
kipi-plugins area code via a compiler flag in the CMakeLists.txt:

SET(AREA_CODE_GENERAL "51000")
SET(AREA_CODE_LOADING "51001")
ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DKDE_DEFAULT_DEBUG_AREA=${AREA_CODE_GENERAL})
ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DAREA_CODE_GENERAL=${AREA_CODE_GENERAL})
ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DAREA_CODE_LOADING=${AREA_CODE_LOADING})

This ensures that all calls to kDebug, kWarn etc. are still sent to
debug area 51000 or 51001.

Or what do you mean?

Johannes