[Digikam-devel] Feature request: export to local folder

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 11:55:50 GMT 2009

Le 26 octobre 2009 12:46, Jean-Michel Pouré <jm at poure.com> a écrit :
> Dear Friends,
>
> I switched from F-Spot to Digikam a few months ago and I am very happy
> with Digikam.
>
> I manage my photos using tags. I realize that I can easily export to
> online photos repositories like Flickr or Picasaweb. But it seems that
> Digikam connot export to a local folder and eventualy choose to resize
> photos. F-Spot offers this feature.
>
> This is needed when exporting locally, sending photos by email

To send by email, you have a dedicated plugin in Image menu.

> burning a CD/DVD.
>
> Do you plan to add a local export feature or did I miss something and
> did not find this feature?

Done in svn, with KIOExportImport kipi-plugin, written by Johannes...

You can use all KDE communication protocol, as ftp://, fish://, smb://
and file:// of course

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2644/3967833107_501c4951e1_o.png

The only missing feature is to be alble to resize images.