[Digikam-devel] Questions about building

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 14:23:08 BST 2009

2009/10/2 Michael G. Hansen <mike at mghansen.de>:
> Hi,
>
> first off, thanks to you guys for supporting me getting started with
> committing to the repository!

All guy here start to work like this, some day... Welcome. (:=)))

> I think I need some advice on how to handle all the different versions
> that we support ... currently I have set up "debugfull" builds against
> the version of KDE in Debian (4.3.1), the same with Marble support
> turned off, a build against KDE 4.2.4 with Qt 4.4.3 and another
> "release" build against the debian version of KDE. Are these sufficient
> for now?

I use script from project dir. I compile with full-debug and release
to see if all is ok.

> How do you handle things like compiling without Marble support properly?
> Do you just set the corresponding CMake variables or do you actually
> uninstall the headers?

Currently only headers are checked to see if we compile digiKam with
MarbleWidget.

I Think that a specific Cmake option must be added as well. Look at
top of root digiKam CmakeLists.txt
for details of already existing one...

> Compiler warnings: Which additional compiler warnings are you using?

I use -Wall.

Under windows, i compile with MinGW (gcc 3.x). I can see more warnings
that gcc 4.3.
I have also an experimental GCC 4.4 env under linux. Just to check if
all compile fine.