[Digikam-devel] First time wizard: too complicated for new user?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 11:39:23 GMT 2009

Luka,

This wizard have been set to help new users to setup common/multiple
options at the same time to not go in Setup dialog where it's more
complicated/complex to handle. This have been a request from users
through bugzilla.

There is a lots of text to explain wizard settings. Users must read.
If he don't understand the contents, at least, options will be set to
default value. Users just need to press "Next". It's not very
complicated to use mouse and press a button (:=)).

Other advantage of wizard if to bring user about digiKam
capabilities/features. If users don't know digiKam and photo workflow,
at least he has an information and later he can remember it.

Best

Gilles