[Digikam-devel] wavelet denoising

Johannes Wienke languitar at semipol.de
Sat Nov 21 16:02:54 GMT 2009

Hi Gilles,

now I had time to look at the new plugin.

Am 20.11.2009 23:05 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> Plugin is done. All compile and run fine with 8 OR 16 bits color depth images.
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/~cgilles/noisereduction/

Thanks for porting, looks good on a first sight.

> I want a beer !

A German one? ;)

> Please, test report and comment.

How much work would it be to provide the more sophisticated options of
the original code? Especially deciding how much denoising on each
channel should be done was something that I really liked about the gimp
version and that's not possible right now in your port.

If you want to prevent users from having too many options right after
starting the tool, we could think about using to tabs for the options: a
simple mode like it is now and an advanced mode, where you can specify
the settings for all the color channels.

One more minor thing I noticed: Right now there is a slider for
softness, but what it actually does is the opposite. If you move the
slider to the right the image is sharpened, not softened.

> Question : we replace old denoise tool, or we add this one to old one
> as option, like it's do with sharpen tool which merge 3 tools to one
> (simple sharp, unsharp mask, refocus)

Hm, I wouldn't miss the old tool too much. ;)

Johannes