[Digikam-devel] AdvancedRename syntax highlighting

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Thu Nov 19 16:41:58 GMT 2009

Hi,

right now I'm trying to add the syntax highlighting widget into the combobox
of AR.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2626/4117052691_015bb053cf_o.jpg

The problem: It is a QTextEdit and I see no way how to add the clear button
again.
Why can't Syntax Highlighting be used for QLineEdit anyway, this would make it
so much easier.

Right now I use a ProxyLineEdit, in there a QTextEdit and this is added to a
combobox.

I think the ability to mark tokens is gone now, it is much too complicated to
mark with CTRL and hover over.
I will remove this (sigh, it took me days to implement it correctly ;-)).

Anyway the actual question is:
Can you think of a way to bring back the clear button?

Marcel:
Any idea why the QTextEdit is always overlapping? I needed to set a fixed
minimum height for the proxyLineEdit to make it work.

Andi