[Digikam-devel] Huge threading problems in digiKam?

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Tue Nov 17 15:41:15 GMT 2009

Hi,

we have so many crashes in digiKam and all seem to be related to something
running inside a thread.

I also received a mail from André Wöbbeking (Woebbeking at kde.org) where he
claims that digiKam seems to do a lot of errors with QThreads.

I then ran digiKam with helgrind and I get millions of data races etc, which
could prove the threading errors we might have.

I'm no expert in threaded applications, nor am I very familiar with the
QThread mechanism, so maybe we should really take a look at this now, before
releasing 1.0.0.

I will try to translate André's mail (it was written in German) and attach it
to this thread.

Andi