[Digikam-devel] Thumbnails

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Sat May 23 20:57:20 BST 2009

Hi,

is it possible that our thumbnails are somehow not compatible with dolphin or
gwenview?
When I watch an album and generate all thumbnails, digiKam will display them
fast on the next opening of this album.
But when I open this album with dolphin or gwenview, the thumbnails are
regenerated. You can recognize this by the slow displaying of the rthumbs and
also the size increment of the .thumbnails folder.

I even guess that dolphin and gwenview are not compatible, too.
What is this? I always asked myself why the .thumbnails folder is over 1.2GB
big, but now it seems to be clear: There seems to be triple data in this
folder.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Andi