[Digikam-devel] Strange crashes

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu May 21 18:40:47 BST 2009

Well, the question is why it's work with dolphin and konqueror and not
in digiKam, as Andi said in a private mail. Code relevant is here :

1/ Dolphin and konqueror use it from a kioslave :

http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdebase/runtime/kioslave/thumbnail/thumbnail.cpp#739

2/ digiKam from a separated thread:

http://lxr.kde.org/source/extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/threadimageio/thumbnailcreator.cpp#268

Possible issue : ::rename is not re-entrant and crash digiKam (multi-threading)

Question : if i remember, Gwenview use also multithreading to render
thumbs. Look like there is an option in setup to clean up
~/.thumbnails dir when program session is down. Andi, can you test
with Gwenview on your computer ?

Gilles