[Digikam-devel] New icon view

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Wed May 20 20:09:08 BST 2009

On Tuesday 19 May 2009 22:53:56 Marcel Wiesweg wrote:
> > Just my guts - is faster but I cannot test on more than 2000 images in
> > album because "Show sub-albums" option isn't working.
>
> Should be working by now

Thanks. Done some quick browsing on nested albums with 20,000 total. No
scientific tests but IMO icon view is much master than previously. And if
there is more room for optimizations... Wow :)

Another thing - this is not exactly regression - even some kind of progress.

1) select one image in middle of screen
2) close (collapse) panel -> image will "move" somewhere with reorganization
of list, in some cases it will be off the screen
3) open panel -> image will return to its old place; and this is progress -
with old list viewport would move downward; after several close-open cycles
album would be scrolled to the end

Proper solution would be such reorganization of items that:
a) if item is selected it stays in the same row; perfectly it should be done
in such way that if it was eg. second from left in second row after reflowing
of items it should be still second from left in second row; if such precise
positioning isn't possible or very hard to achieve at least make sure that
this item is fully visible in current viewport
b) if no one item is selected previously first image is first in the first row
is still first image in first row, even if not fully visible

m.