[Digikam-devel] Crop in IE

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Wed May 20 15:13:50 BST 2009

On Wednesday 20 May 2009 09:48:05 Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Andi,
>
> I thinking something like this too.
>
> I recieve too some remark about this duplicates actions.
>
> I can't see any way where single crop cannot be done with ratio crop
> tool. Before to remove something. I recommend to ask to users. Perhaps
> they know a situation where single crop is really mandatory...

Not in current state of plugins canvas. Aspect Ratio Crop isn't very precise
(as most of plugins) due to lack of zooming. Also
- interface can be intimidating for beginner;
- access and execution is cumbersome comparing to simple selection and click
on toolbar icon;
- while digiKam is for photos you don't only print photos in most common
proportions - user can use those photos for web design, banners, presentations
where is can be done in any proportion (s)he wants;

Simple crop can  be dropped but only after rethinking and redoing of whole
plugin interface. Not earlier.

Just my 2 ec.

m.