[Digikam-devel] New icon view

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue May 19 21:52:14 BST 2009

> Some problems here navigating the view with Arrow buttons: If you select
> images with Shift plus Arrow buttons, you cannot cross the end of a row
> with left/right arrows. Up/Down arrows seem to work.

Should be fixed (it's default behavior that left/right does not cross row.
dont know why...)

> Deleted images sometimes don't disappear from the view.

Will investigate

> Metadata update when navigating pictures is slower than before and seems to
> block the navigation. Is this now handled synchronously?

In fact, it was handled in the event loop before and is now done in a thread.
I suspect that this is the same problem as the next one. I will test it.

> Lots of flickering when deleting images (full repaints, view is erased and
> then completely redrawn).

Yes, incremental update is waiting to be implemented. Currently, the album is
completely reloaded. It's a more complicated than all the other problems
mentioned here, but I have a plan to do it.

Marcel