[Digikam-devel] digikam 0.11.0 or 1.0.0 ?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Mon May 11 12:09:04 BST 2009

Dear all,

On Mon, 11 May 2009, Gilles Caulier wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The question is open. After a long time, I'm fine to switch version id
> to 1.0.0.
>
> Andi, Marcel, Mik, Mathias, Julien, Gerhard, etc... Your viewpoints ?

Personally, I don't care much how it is numbered ... ;-)
But, for many people a 1.0 somehow seems important.
Therefore, it might make sense to ensure that it is a very stable
release. I.e. lots of testing (maybe a longer beta period
than usual?), so that the impression of digikam 1.0
is as good as possible from the very beginning?

Just my 2 cents, best Arnd

P.S. I have so many wishes, but so little time at the moment, that
I don't get to coding ;-( ...