[Digikam-devel] 2009 introspective

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Tue May 5 15:10:46 BST 2009

lunedì 04 maggio 2009 alle 21:56, Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:
> Hi...
>
> I'm putting together a "where are we now, where are we going" snapshot of as
> many of the "big pieces" in KDE 4 as possible, and I'd like some input from
> you on DigiKam.
>
> In particular, what I'm looking for are 2-4 bullet items for each of these two
> questions:
>
> * What have been the defining achievements in the last year?
As far as i can say good digikam and kipi-plugins release for kde4.

> * What are the main focus points and or goals for the project in 2009?
Adding new functionalities, get back some missed plugins (better re-write them
from scratch), and thanks to Gilles a real multiplatform presence for digikam
and kipi-plugins.

> If you're feeling extra helpful, you might want to also provide some input on:
> * What are the major pain points in your project right now?
k3b is not finished yet and i've missed a good irc client into kde4. kopete was mine
in kde3 i could use it for jabber, msn, yahoo and irc one client more servers :D

> 	* Netbook interface
I can confirm an already great work here :D

> Thanks for your time and energy in advance :)

Maybe we can talk about a new code sprint event in the near future :)

Angelo