[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sun Jun 28 14:33:12 BST 2009

> Marcel,
>
> Perhaps we can try to mesure performance of thumbs DB using mysql Qt4
> plugin ? This DB schema is simple and can be ported easily...
>
> What do you think ?

I have know experience with MySQL (embedded), dont know if there is a single
file or a number of files etc and how this is controlled. We can test this of
course.

Generally, the dependency situation could be worse:
Amarok pulls in MySQL embedded as a dependency. I am not sure if there is a
Qt4 plugin linked to the embedded variant, but if not it should be a CMake
task to create one based on Qt code.
Akonadi will probably depend on full MySQL, at least it does currently. This
means KMail etc. will have MySQL as a dependency for approx. KDE 4.5.