[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/utilities

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Wed Jun 24 15:52:46 BST 2009

> > The database file path is read from the digikam configuration file.
> > If an instance is running, it is queried directly. If the database file
> > changes, the service is informed by digikam. (This does not scale well to
> > several
> > instances running different DBs, but digikam does not support this
> > scenario anyway)
>
> Despite your comment I wonder if this could not be used in future for
> several instances of digiKam working together over network, even sharing
> thumbnails db?

You can open as many instances of digikam as you like. (see how changes are
distributed across open instances as well). But if you currently change the db
path in the config dialog it will write it to the config file, and the nepomuk
service will read from this config file.
There is no principal problem as well with having two instances of digikam
accessing different DBs.