[Digikam-devel] Fingerprints got messed up on database change

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Sat Jun 13 19:37:08 BST 2009

Hi,

today I found a weird bug: I have 3 test collections (databases) and one real
database for my private photos.
I constantly switch between those databases. Today digiKam crashed somehow
while switching the db and now I have a lot of fingerprints (or general file
information) in the new database, that actually belong into the old db.
It constantly tries to retrieve fingerprints for those files, but is not able
to do so of course.
I don't know if this has something to do with the thumb db, but since I use
the thumbsDB, switching collections is much slower and unstable.

Can anyone think of a reason why this happened?
Maybe mixed up database connections?

Andi