[Digikam-devel] Units in image tools

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Fri Jun 12 08:46:09 BST 2009

Hi,

there are some complains that no units are displayed for the input widgets in
the image tools. You often don't know what those numbers are... percent? px?
meters?

This can be very irritating for users I guess. Take a look at Photoshop for
example. They use units in nearly every input widget. Qt is capable of that,
why not use it?

I already changed the threshold settings widget in "Find Similar" and "Find
Duplicates". Right now I'm looking through the imageplugins, but it is really
hard to tell what units are actually used there.

I will create a spreadsheet with all the plugins listed in there and the units
I guess that are used.
Maybe you could add missing units? I will then change all the input widgets to
have units (if possible).

What do you think? This will definitely look more.... professional ? :-)

Andi