[Digikam-devel] digikam 0.9.4 fails to read camera

Steve Kelem steve at kelem.net
Mon Jul 27 07:24:06 BST 2009

I'm trying to read from my "Canon EOS 400D (PTP Mode)" into Digikam
0.9.4 on OpenSuSE 11.1 x86_64.
The software finds the camera, if I try to import from the camera, I get
the message:

Failed to connect to the camera. Please make sure that it is connected
properly and turned on.

I searched the web and saw a suggestion that the permissions weren't
correct on the usb device, however, I've found that the usb device for
the camera changes each time I turn the camera off and on. It started at
003/005. Now it's up to 003/016.

Any suggestions on how to get the pictures of the camera and into digikam?

Thanks,
Steve