[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/utilities

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Wed Jul 15 13:46:55 BST 2009

In Firefox you press F11... and F11 again to close fullscreen. There are no
two key shortcuts.

I can only say we are a KDE4 application, so we shouldn't care what firefox or
something else is doing. In KDE4 you press SHIFT+CTRL+F (or whatever you set
globally), and we should do so, too.
This way the global key is used in every application.
So if I like my KDE apps to go into fullscreen with F11, I set it in the
system settings.
Now all apps (digiKam, showFoto, Kate or whatever) will work the same way.

I just tested VLC: also just one shortcut (F), to get in and out of
fullscreen.

When we use ESC to go out (and we only used it in editor, cameraUI..., but not
in albumUI which is inconsistent inside of digiKam), then we can't close the
tools by using ESC, which would be also useful (and is asked by many users).

Again, it is just my opinion (:-)), but digiKam should behave like a KDE4
application, not re-invent everything.

Any other opinions?

Andi