[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 07:56:22 BST 2009

2009/6/28 Marcel Wiesweg <marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de>:
>> Marcel,
>>
>> Perhaps we can try to mesure performance of thumbs DB using mysql Qt4
>> plugin ? This DB schema is simple and can be ported easily...
>>
>> What do you think ?
>
> I have know experience with MySQL (embedded), dont know if there is a single
> file or a number of files etc and how this is controlled. We can test this of
> course.
>
> Generally, the dependency situation could be worse:
> Amarok pulls in MySQL embedded as a dependency. I am not sure if there is a
> Qt4 plugin linked to the embedded variant, but if not it should be a CMake
> task to create one based on Qt code.

I cannot found MYSql embeded code in Amarok. only this code :

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/multimedia/amarok/src/collection/mysqlecollection/MySqlEmbeddedCollection.cpp?revision=984916&view=markup

Look the commit comment.

Look also that #include <mysql.h> is used. sound like to use mysql
installed on the system, not Qt4 SQL plugin.