[Digikam-devel] Digikam 0.10 SVN 20090130 and Phonon (?)

Ari El ari.reads at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 17:49:18 GMT 2009

Everytime I launch digikam 0.10 in my ubuntu 8.10 box, I get a notification
message saying

"Phonon
The Audio Playback device HDA Intel Realtek 883 does not work
Falling back to Default"

This is a bit weird, audio playback works perfectly in this box
(pulseaudio), but it stops right after launching Digikam - I have to restart
the audio player to get my music to work again.

Curiously, Showfoto does not have this problem, there are no phonon messages
or audio breakage when I launch it.

Any hint on how to fix this? may this be a bug?

Thanks!