[Digikam-devel] Digikam 0.10 SVN 20090130 Geolocation tab

Ari El ari.reads at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 17:20:22 GMT 2009

Hi, I've compiled digikam 0.10 SVN yesterday, it is tagged as RC2. Being a
long time user of digikam & showfoto 0.9 stable (I was using Ubuntu 8.10
default version), I have to say I am totally impressed. I can only say,
thank you Gilles and the dev team!!!!

Now the question: the "Geolocation" tab on the right panel shows correctly
in the world map the location of my photos. It also displays the country
boundaries. Now the problem is that the country/city/town names have
disappeared. I remember they were there the first time I ran digikam. After
a couple of runs, they went away.

This happens in both ImageEditor and the main digikam window. Curiously, the
"Map Searches" tab in the left panel does show the country/city names.

Any suggestion to get the names back in the Geolocation tab?

Thanks