[Digikam-devel] reading lens description

Matthias Welwarsky matze at welwarsky.de
Tue Jan 20 20:50:41 GMT 2009

On Monday 19 January 2009 23:04:27 Matthias Welwarsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to add reading the lens model from JPEGs generated by a
> Panasonic Lumix G1. I was able to figure out that its stored in the Maker
> info, "Exif.Panasonic.0x0051". So I added this tag to the list in
> DMetadata::getLensDescription(). But the code is not executed. Is this the
> wrong place?

OK, it's working, just adding the "Exif.Panasonic.0x0051" makes
getLenseDescription work for the Lumix G1, for new images at least. Now I just
need to find a way to rescan the metadata for all existing images.

It's not working yet for RAW files, but I guess that's a problem to fix in dcraw
somewhere. If you wonder why this is important - lensfun needs to know the
lens, and it's much more fun if you don't have to select it by hand for each
image...

regards,
matthias