[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 11:07:22 GMT 2009

2009/1/10 Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach at wp.pl>

> Dnia Saturday 10 January 2009, Luka Renko napisaƂ:
> > On Friday 09 January 2009 12:20:58 Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > > Note: to use this option, you need libkexiv2 from trunk (KDE 4.3).
> > > digiKam still compilable with libkexiv2 for KDE 4.2 but option is not
> > > available in gui.
> >
> > Can we backport the change to libkexiv2 to KDE 4.2 branch? Otherwise
> > this will not get to users at least for another 6 months....
>
> Truly I don't think this should be an option :) Just make it that
> changes in metadata don't change timestamp and 99.9% of users will be
> happy.

By default this option is disable. So you don't need to change it.

During bugs triage, i have seen that some people want to change file time
stamp, others no. It's a wish in B.K.O. Making this stuff as optional is the
better way.

In fact it's similar than option available in Exiv2 command line tool. Same
peoples use it, and have the same wishes.