[Digikam-devel] qt 4.5, raster and digikam

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Feb 10 17:11:38 GMT 2009

> Quick tip for all digiKam users and developers.
>
> Compiled new Qt4.5rc1 (from qt-copy) with raster option, recompiled whole
> KDE and it *flies*.
>
> Downsides: lost all OpenGL goodies, excessive blinking in windows
> decorations (once again I am blaming Oxygen, have to try other themes).
> But, guys, it *flies*. Some things are finally usable. Eg. kdiamond was
> totally non- playable, other SVG based apps also were barely working.

That may shed a light on how graphics drivers or other factors influence
performance at application level.
I just tested KDiamonds here with Qt4.4.3 and although I dont quite understand
the rules, all animations where perfectly smooth and playable. Driver is
radeonhd as chosen by Opensuse.

In any case it's good someone tested digikam with Qt4.5 and it works! :-)

Marcel