[Digikam-devel] [Kde-imaging] Slideshow actions in digiKam and KIPI

Luka Renko lure at kubuntu.org
Wed Feb 4 19:11:49 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 04 February 2009 14:06:49 Andi Clemens wrote:
> I would suggest to rename the plugin to "Advanced Slideshow" and give the
> built-in slideshow actions a dedicated actionCollection,
> What do you think?

I am all for this. I think we have already once discussed that KIPI slideshow
should be named Advanced.

> There is one more thing that is making the shortcut editor not very
> readable: Every single KIPI-Plugin has it's own actionCollection, but
> normally there is only one action registered.
> For my personal taste I would like to have just one actionCollection "KIPI-
> Plugins" that will host all the other actions.
> This way you simply can collapse the KIPI-plugins category in the editor
> and see the digiKam actions. Right now you have to scroll down until you
> find "General" somewhere.

Is it at all possible to share ActionCollection between different plugins?
Otherwise this makes sense, as normally plugins do not have more than one
shortcut, so grouping them makes sense.

Regards,
Luka