[Digikam-devel] Reread metadata from image removes rating

Johannes Wienke languitar at semipol.de
Wed Dec 23 12:12:24 GMT 2009

Hi,

I just noticed that "Reread metadata from image" removes the rating
assigned to an image, even though I don't store ratings in the image
metadata. Is this the desired behaviour? For me it was really surprising
to have lost all ratings for an album because I had to reread the
metadata to get the updated geo-localization information from the files.

Moreover I just noticed that if the option to save tags in the images is
selected, assigning at tag correctly adds the tag to the image metadata
but removing it afterwards in digikam doesn't remove the tag from the
metadata. Is this a known issue?

Johannes