[Digikam-devel] last week before 1.0.0 final release... and 1.1.0

Johannes Wienke languitar at semipol.de
Mon Dec 14 19:00:28 GMT 2009

Hi,

Am 14.12.2009 08:26 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> Please review bugzilla a new time to not forget something important.

There was this crash in the Model-View part for the icon view. Was it
solved?

> For the future, i would release digiKam with a short period. One year
> separate 1.0.0 and 0.10.0. It's too much.
>
> I propose this plan :
>
> - Merge branches which are ready to trunk. I think :
>
> * DatabaseExt (Holger, Marcel) is fine <MySql support>.
> * ModelViewPort (Johannes, Marcel) i'm not sure <AlbumFolderView Qt4 port>
> * ImageEditorPort (Andi) i'm not sure <PreviewWidget Qt4 port>
>
> - The goal is to merge new branches quickly and propose digiKam
> 1.1.0-beta1 in January.
>
> - Necessary fixes to maintain quickly 1.0.0. Release 1.1.0 with a
> deadline to April (i'm not take a care about distro deadline here.
> Please fix me if necessary)
>
> - Limit new features to not introduce huge regressions :
>
> * For MySql support, as SQlite is not dropped, nothing will lost, i hope...
> * For AlbumFolderView, changes are big and i'm sure that regressions
> will be there. A lots of tests need to be processed to check all
> features. This can take a while. I need your viewpoint there...

There are still a lot of things to do. Implement the missing features
and hunt bugs in the re-implemented classes and a lot more needs to be
done to completely remove the Qt3-dependencies. It would of course be
worth if more than Marcel and I hunt bugs in this port but I don't know
if it's already in a state that's good for reintegrating into trunk...

Johannes