[Digikam-devel] libkdcraw and KDE 4.1.x

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 14:48:22 BST 2008

2008/9/28 Angelo Naselli <anaselli at linux.it>

> Il sabato 27 settembre 2008 09:14:09 Gilles Caulier ha scritto:
> > 2008/9/27 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>
> >
> > > hi everyone =)
> > >
> > > in the 4.1 branch, a set of changes was made to libkdcraw which
> consisted
> > > of a
> > > substantial rewrite of the library that caused a change in ABI and a
> > > change in
> > > the .so name.
> >
> > Aaron.
> >
> > Nothing have been re-written in KDE 4.1 branch. this version is always
> > based on dcraw/QProcess
> >
> > Libkdcraw based on LibRaw, which is the re-writting of library is done in
> > trunk and only in trunk.
>
> Are you sure of that?

yes, i'm sure :

4.1 branch:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/4.1/kdegraphics/libs/libkdcraw/

trunk : http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdegraphics/libs/libkdcraw/

I'm always work on trunk with libraw port

> I mean we cannot build digikam using libkdcraw from kde
> 4.1.1 branch, iirc you said you've backported something into kde 4.1.2
> branch.
> Am I wrong?

Excepted DNGConverter kipi-plugin, digiKam and all other plugins from trunk
must compile fine using libkdcraw KDE 4.1 branch version. there are #ifdef
in digiKam and kipi-plugins code to still compatible with both version. If
not, please let's me hear which error you have with compiler.

For DNGConverter, i will disable the plugin if libkdcraw from KDE 4.1 branch
is used. still in my TODO list