[Digikam-devel] libkdcraw and KDE 4.1.x

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Sep 27 00:29:09 BST 2008

hi everyone =)

in the 4.1 branch, a set of changes was made to libkdcraw which consisted of a
substantial rewrite of the library that caused a change in ABI and a change in
the .so name.

i assume this change was made in the 4.1 branch because people are developing
against the 4.1 branch of kdegraphics.

unfortunately, such changes in ABI and features aren't allowed in the stable
branch after it's initial ".0" release.

these change are fine, indeed welcome, in trunk/, but the changes will need to
be reverted in the 4.1 branch.

we can always require the new version of the library for specific applications,
and we (kdegraphics people) coul even do a release of the new library before
4.2 happens.

before i just went off reverting things, however, i felt it was proper to first
discuss it here (and hopefully the committer of those changes can revert it
from the 4.1 branch themselves). 4.1.2 is due to be released shortly, so
taking care of this in a timely fashion is important..

thanks for your time ...

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se