[Digikam-devel] Collection scanner changes

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Thu Sep 18 10:52:20 BST 2008

Hi,

in the last I have introduced quite some changes in the collection scanning
framework. I hope to have resolved all outstanding issues, and not introduced
to many new ones.
Files can now be recognized to be identical even when moved or renamed outside
digikam. (You can change your files outside digikam, you can move/rename
them, but if you do both at a time, obviously, digikam will fail to recognize
them and simply scan them as new)
There have also been changes to the way copy/move operations from within
digikam are handled, to resolve some structural problems.
So anyone who is running trunk or who will test the next beta, put some stress
tests on copying/moving to and within digikam ;-)

Marcel