[Digikam-devel] DNG converter : i need help...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 22:13:32 BST 2008

Hi all,

This evening, i have used a new working branch from svn to host code of a
RAW to DNG converter based on:

- last libkdcraw from trunk (using libraw)
- last DNG sdk from Adobe
- last XMP SDK from Adobe

The code is here :

http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/libkdcraw-dng/

For the moment, the converter only play with MRW raw files. a raw properties
parser need to be written to adjust DNG sdk settings of raw data extracted
from image.

I have used an old code written by me in february using a previous DNG sdk.
At this date, the code generated a corrupted DNG image...

Now, it's work better. The image is here (thanks libraw to provide an easy
access to undemosaiced image data) and not corrupted, but color are
inverted. Something still wrong in my code. I need a guru of DNG format
here...

The code relevant is here :
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/libkdcraw-dng/tools/raw2dng.cpp?view=markup

Anybody has an idea where i'm wrong in this code ?

Thanks in advance